Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Faith and Business

When most people talk business today it seems that the topic of a Higher Power, faith or religion are avoided.  But why?  Many of the most successful people in the world not only believe but rely on their faith or a Higher Power to get them to where they are.  This doesn't mean that they are all of the same faith or need to be.  But there is a lot of strength and power in having that connection and comfort.

But there are many people throughout history and today that we are educated by that bring these things into our lives.  I recently read The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale.  I'm not of the same faith as Mr. Peale but we both rely on the same Bible and from his book the following scriptures touched me and I keep them in mind:


I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me (Philippians 4:13)

If ye have faith...nothing shall be impossible unto you. (Matthew 17:20)

If God be for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  (Isaiah 40:31)

According to your faith be it unto you (Matthew 9:29)

What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them (Mark 11:24)

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee (Isaiah 26:3)

If though canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23)

...whosoever shall say unto this mountain, be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea, and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass, he shall have whatsoever he saith (Mark 11:23)

The Lord is the strength of my life...in this will I be confident. Psalm 27:1,3

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive them. Matthew 21:22





In March of 2010 I read the book Thou Shall Prosper by Rabbi Daniel Lapin.  Again, a great, great influence on my life from a man of a different faith than I.  One thing I have learned and implemented into my life from Rabbi Lapin is that when I arrive at my office in the morning, the first thing I do is kneel in prayer.



Listen to or read anything from Dave Ramsey and he too will help you feel and understand the importance of faith and a Higher Power in your life.

There are examples all around us if we look for and understand them.  I've thought a lot about this recently, but what prompted me to sit down and write about it tonight is when I came across it in Jim Rohn's book that I was just reading.

Regardless of your religion, bring positive writings, scripture and a higher power into your life.  It will help you when things are good and when things are bad.  But when they are bad, don't give up because that's when we need it the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment