Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Blending Different Stones Together

Recently I had a close friend come and talk to me about putting Kodiak Mountain Stone on their house.  Their original design for their house had plans for manufactured stone, but when they built they just used siding.  What I liked most about this job is that they didn't know what style of stone they wanted to put on their house.  So I asked them if they would trust me to make the decision for them.  Lucky for me, it turned out great and everyone loves it!

Rather than just choose one of our stone products I had them blend three different styles together.
45% Villa Stone
45% Shadow Ledge
10% Cut Fieldstone
The color we chose was Almond Buff



I think that it turned out great and we have heard a lot of positive comments on the job.


Around the window they used trim stones with a keystone at the top.  Under the window they used our 18" sills




The next picture is from a customer who saw the house above and loved the stone.  Since they are both in the same community though they didn't want to copy it identically so they changed the ratios.  This job turned out great as well!

Villa Stone, Shadow Ledge & Cut Fieldstone




A small change in the blend ratios and a little different style of installation can create a unique look



House Number Plaque




Both jobs looked great!
Thanks to both families!
Jeff



1 comment: